Life without animal and vegetables.
No cake, no milk, no bacon, no cheeseburger, no steak and lot more
Fruitarianism is a diet that consists primarily of fruits, nuts and seeds. It restricts poultry products. Fruitarianism is a division of dietary veganism.
Why do some people become Frutarian?
It is adopted for different reasons, including ethical, religious, environmental, cultural, economic, and health reasons.
- Some people considered themselves frutarian if their diet is consists of 75% or more fruit. Some believe that fallen fruits can only be eaten.
- Some fruitarians associates Judeo-Christian beliefs with Frutarianism. It claims that based on interpretation of Book of Genesis 1:29, fruitarianism was the original diet of humankind in the form of Adam and Eve. And one can return to Eden paradise by living a simple life and having a holistic approach to health and diet.
- Some fruitarians referred to as Ahinsa Frutarianism, disapprove killing of animal and plants like Jainism religion.
- Some fruitarians believe that you can do some parent plants a favor by eating their fruit.
- Some frutarians believe that to achieve seed dispersal, the fleshy fruit has to be eaten by animals.
- Some frutarian evolve from belief of utopian past.
- Some become frutarians to eliminate the toxicity within the body.
- Some frutarians just wanted to challenge their diet.
A look of Frutarian Diet Menu
Avocado Smoothie with Strawberry toppings
Banana and orange
Nutritionists have warned that adults should be careful not to follow a fruit-only diet for a long time. It is not suitable for young people as it can cause growth and development issues. Adults who maintain this diet for a long time can result to dangerous nutrient deficiencies that can lead to various health risks.
The Health Promotion Program at Columbia University reports that a fruitarian diet can cause deficiencies in protein, zinc, iron, vitamin D, calcium, essential fatty acis and most B vitamins.
Long term practice includes health risks such as:
- Diabetes from large amount of sugar
- Tooth decay
- Protein energy malnutrition
- Food Obsessions as fruits digest easily thus lead to frequent hunger
- social isolation
- Orthorexia nervosa
- Vitamin B12 Deffiency
Famous fruitarian people:
- Steve Jobs
- Mahatma Gandi (5 years)
- Ben Klassen