Paleo Diet also known as NeanderThin Diet,caveman diet or stone age diet is based on consuming foods that is only available during Paleolithic era.
There are a lot of variations available however it typically includes meat, fruits and vegetables. It excludes processed foods, dairy products, grains, sugar, salt, alcohol or coffee.
The diet is not just about eating like a caveman by avoiding modern processed foods but consuming food available during Paleolithic era.
Paleo Diet supporters claim that human digestion has remained unchanged over time. And human are not supposed to eat some of foods that modern humans consume. And humans should consume nutrions that is close to Paleolithic ancestors.
The Diet argues that there is a mismatch between Stone Age genes and new human adopted food and lifestyle that caused many chronic diseases and conditions.
Paleo Diet has become super popular that it was Google´s 2013 most seached for weight loss method.
- Should be high in fat, moderate in animal protein. (poultry, beef, pork, chicken, eggs, organs (liver, kidney, heart etc), and fish
- Low to moderate in carbohydrates
- There is no Calorie counting or portion control.
- Eat unlimited amounts of saturated fats like coconut oil, Olive, avocado and macadamia oil
- Prefers organic product
- No cereal grains and legumes. This includes, but is not limited to, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, soy, peanuts, wheat, kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans and black eyed peas.
- No dairy products and processed food