Are you concerned if your baby is getting sufficient nutrients? If you are taking the right amount of vitamins, proteins, minerals and fiber for a healthy pregnancy?
You can make ensure good baby’s health by choosing the right food.
Here are Top 5 Smart food choices during pregnancy:
Why should you eat eggs during pregnancy?
- Eggs contain lots of quality protein, which is essential for pregnancy. Every cell is made out of protein and baby’s cells are growing fast growing. In addition to baby’s needs, the mother need to stay strong and healthy and has her own protein needs.
- Eggs promotes baby’s overall growth and brain health
- DHA-enriched eggs or eggs with Omega 3 promotes brain and vision development.
2. Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes are rich in Carotenoids which gives vitamin A.
- It also contains dietary fiber that aids digestion
- It has Vitamin C which helps in the absorption of iron that is essential for baby’s health during pregnancy
- It contains Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6 and manganese . All B vitamins help convert food into energy. Vitamin B6 prevents morning sickness and helps formation of red blood cells during pregnancy. Vitamin B5 combats stress and migraines.
Is it safe to eat salmon or fish during pregnancy?
The answer depends on what type and source of fish. Fish contain essential nutrients for fetal brain development but it is also possible that it is contaminated with brain-damaging mercury and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). It is important for pregnant woman to eat low mercury fish like Wild Salmon because it contains nutrients that is good for baby’s development. Just note that consumption should only be no more than 12 ounces per week to avoid ingesting too much mercury. And avoid raw preparation like sushi
Here are top benefits of eating wild salmon
- Salmon rich in high-quality protein but it’s also an exceptionally good source of omega 3 fats which are good for baby’s development
- It boosts mother’s mood. One common problems during pregnancy is mother’s mood swings. Salmon helps on keeping the mother’s mood.
- It is great source of protein.
- It is high in Potassium.
- It is loaded with Selenium. Studies have shown that selenium promotes bone health and reduces cancer risks.
It is packed with nutrients that are necessary for a healthy pregnancy
- It has calcium and folate
- It is also rich in dietary fiber.
- It contains antioxidants that helps fight diseases.
- It contains vitamin C.
5. Beans and Lentils
Beans and Lentils are good sources of nutrient like iron, folate, calcium, and zinc. These nutrients are important in mother’s health. Here are reasons why beans and lentils should be included on mom’s diet.
- It also contains dietary fiber that aids digestion and avoid constipation. Constipation is a common pregnancy problem. It also prevents intestinal tract disorders.
- Folic acid contained in lentils prevents birth defects like spina bifida and anencephaly.
- It contains protein that helps in development of muscles of the baby.
- It has vitamin B5 that combats stress.